Monday, June 8, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - June 8, 2009


FOR TODAY... Monday, June 8, 2009

Outside my window... cloudy, supposed to rain later, thank the Lord we had a wonderful sunny weekend though.

I am thinking... of the many things I need to get done this week and the many books I want to read.

I am thankful for... a hubbie who is feeling better, is sticking to his diet, is helping around the house and getting the kids more motivated, and is more playful, engaged and just "here" with his family, not just off in his own world of pain and feeling bad.

From the learning rooms... Lapbooks still to glue together, planning to spend time watching a movie with each boy and getting those done this week.

From the kitchen... hmm still no meal plans, except that one of my to-do's today is to work on that... with tonights dinner being the first thing planned. We had a crock pot meal yesterday and it was great to get up early at 5:45 and have the dinner in the crockpot and going by 6:30. Great to know when we got home a filling and delicious meal would be hot and cooked and waiting for us. Hubbie liked it and so did I. I plan to do a LOT more crock pot cooking for Sundays.

I am wearing... my p.j.'s and summer bathrobe, soon to be exchanged for slacks and a t-shirt.
I am creating... need to get to work on something for Father's Day... see my dd's suggestions at her blog

HH 12 - Father's Day Gifts and Ideas!



I am going... to the library tonight and Thursday night and as far as I know that is all this week until church on Sunday.

I am reading...The White Company by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (the writer of Sherlock Holmes). I found this book suggested on the Simply Charlotte Mason site in the History Section of the SCM Curriculum Guide. Go to the History Section of that page and then to the Middle Ages, Renaissance, Reformation section. Here is the link to that page. The book was under the listing for 10th-12th grades. I am enjoying it already and I am only on Chapter 4, it was gripping and worthy to be read right from the first chapter.

I am hoping... to get a lot done this week. Summer vacation is already going to fast and soooo much to accomplish. 4 weeks of summer vacation done already... only 6 or seven weeks left till we start school again.

I am hearing... computer clicking sounds from my son on his dad's laptop next to me and from me, and the ceiling fan goig on full... all else quiet as a church mouse.

Around the house... not much... we did a big chore day on Saturday!!

One of my favorite things... buying new books... I have my list all made up... dh and I discussed it in detail on Friday night and he okayed or nixed each book or set on my list and now we wait for some money... this week he had to pay for the timer he bought to fix our washer and the car insurance.

A few plans for the rest of the week: gluing lapbooks, working on logging the books into the program my hubbie found me on Linux, Reading, working on some Father's Day presents with the kids.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Two more books my dh bought us at a thrift store
don't know if we will get to this time period next year or not...
probably NOT
but the books will be there when we do get to the Revolutionary time period,
hopefully no later than 2010-2011

Visit the Hostess and do your own Daybook at
The Simple Woman's Daybook

Our Hostess, Peggy, is taking off for the summer but I am going to keep doing my Daybook.
It is one of the highlights of my week.

Debbie

2 comments:

Annette W. said...

I like using my crock pot lot! Yesterday we had pulled pork in it! Later this week chicken tacos!

Unknown said...

I just love finding good books at thrift stores!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails